Our classes are forming right now and we are set to follow our summer schedule into August.
Class times are as follows:
Saturday 3:00 – 5:00 PM
I increase the number of weekly classes based on when I have vacation time with the exception of Christmas break. That vacation time is solely for my family, and I am sure that everyone can understand that.
Our classes are held in my home, so you will need to contact me in order to arrange a meeting and orientation.
I do not accept all potential students. This is because I must allow people to come to my home for training, so; I am selective. In truth, I have had to turn away very few people, but I would be lying if I claimed to accept anyone with money.
I have posted everything here that you will need to know in order to make a decision as to whether or not you wish to meet and discuss the actual training.
Please be sure to read all of the information presented here prior to calling.
Tuition Fee: $90 per month. This is not negotiable.
Testing Fee: There is no testing fee. Rank tests are done during class time, but you have to complete all sections of study prior to testing. all of the rank requirements are given to you upon enrollment.
Private lessons: The classes are so small that private lessons are not really needed for most people.
If you are an instructor who wishes to learn something I have to offer, I am either very expensive, or free, depending upon whether or not we can make an arrangement to simply exchange knowledge.
Self Defense Seminars: Contact me via email to make arrangements. The seminars are a physical class on how to fight back. This is not a typical class on what to do if someone grabs your wrist in this or that manner. This is a course on how to disable an attacker in order to stop them from raping or killing you. Included in the seminar is Texas specific information on where you cross the line from self defense into worse territory that can land you in jail. Many schools that offer “self defense” classes are teaching you to do what most Law Enforcement would classify as assault. Be careful.
Self Defense Clinic: Contact me via email to make arrangements. The clinics are lecture based presentations on self protection and are not a set of physical techniques.
Classes Offered: At this time I am only offering instruction in Hung Gar kung fu. I teach youth Taekwondo classes, and have taught Taiji in the past and will be offering a class in Taiji soon.
Contact Information: I can be emailed at email@example.com and you can request my contact phone number. Please include the subject line “kung fu classes” in order to be sure that I open the email in a timely manner.
Location: My home is in Watauga, TX. This is located between Fort Worth to the west and North Richland Hills to the east. To the north you will find Keller and the south, Haltom City. We are five miles from Northeast Mall.
Please consider the following before contacting me, as it may influence your decision:
• The training is hard. Sore muscles will be a part of your daily life if you train with me. We look at this as a good thing. The people who train here are like minded people, who view hard training as part of the deal. This is NOT a feel good karate class, it is hard work and a lot of it.
• I do not accept kung fu students under the age of 12. Sorry.
• The classes are held in my home, but I must have students respect my family time. I get to spend precious little time with my family. Our school does have barbeques and get-togethers, but please understand that it is disrespectful to just show up unannounced at my home. This is a strict rule, and violation of this rule will be treated with the same rudeness as I see in such actions on the part of inconsiderate students. Repeated violations of this rule will result in the termination of your membership.
• The classes are held in my garage for empty hand and in my back yard for weapons. The training areas are not climate controlled, so there are times when training is downright uncomfortable. When the temperature is too high, we slow the pace of the class. When it is cold, we either speed up or shut down altogether. Tuition is prorated anytime I cancel the classes. Tuition is not prorated if you skip classes, but will be for your vacation times with prior arrangements.
• This is not a commercial Dojo/Dojang/Kwoon. If you need mirrored walls and locker rooms you have definitely got the wrong place. I can recommend some schools which have what you are looking for if we are not the right fit for each other.
• We train in Old School Kung Fu. This is the real deal authentic kung fu, and it is not just about forms (You won’t even start your first form until ten weeks into training). Kung fu means “Hard Work”, and that is what we do. You will start your training by building a solid foundation, not forms on the first day. Our focus is on training, not flash. You may have spoken to/trained in a school which has 900 katas, but that was not us. If you are looking to collect a huge number of forms to impress you friends and neighbors, move on to the next school. We are a legitimate martial arts school. I teach three empty hand forms and three weapons. Within these forms there are years of study and a lifetime of benefits. We stress quality not quantity. You will, with regular training, be able to actually use what you learn here. Our entire focus in our training here is on building your strength and ability to use what we are teaching you.
If all of this sound good to you, shoot out an email and I will help you get started!